Thursday 13 January 2011

Step one. Acceptance.

Here I am. Blogging. Something I find a bit strange. But it's okay because I am doing this for me, and not for anyone else. I have decided that I need to do something about the awful extra tyre I now have around my waist, and to also document it. I have been told by a friend (who also is trying to lose weight) that a diary can help you get through this process by writing it down.

My weight issue began when I started secondary school, I had always been a bit chubby when I was in Primary school, but I guess at that age you don't really think about it. As soon as I started Senior Education I knew I was different. It's funny how people treat you different because of the size you are. As I approached my second year, the nickname 'little miss piggy' was then given to me by some horrible boys who enjoyed tormenting me. Alas, it stuck and before I knew it, everyone knew me by this name. Looking back, I think it could have been worse, the name calling wasn't too often, and most of the time I shrugged it off.

I am now 22 years old and over the years have managed to put on a fair amount of weight. This I am not happy about. When I left school I got a job which involved a lot of walking everyday and I was around a size 12 at my thinnest. I absolutely LOVED being this size, it gave me a new lease of life, I felt like a different person. I left this job after two years to pursue a different career. The dreaded office job. Since I have taken up sitting behind a desk professionally, I have managed to balloon to a size 18/20. I cannot believe I have let myself go so much so much that I cannot fit into some of my beloved Topshop/Warehouse/Miss Selfridge clothing. The fact that I have boxes of clothes I cannot wear due to my disappointing waist line is so upsetting. I absolutely love to shop, and have a sharp eye for style. Don't get me wrong, I look after myself. Just because I am a bigger girl doesn't mean I don't try and make myself look presentable, I think I push the boat out most of the time to be fair. To be brutally honest, I have let myself and my body down. Let's sort this out. Yes.

1 comment:

  1. Hi There,

    I just started following you and I love your blog. Please join my weight loss blog and lets support eachother!

    Lets look to eachother for support!
    See you soon,

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete